My Weekly Meal Plan: Week of 8/10/15
Why should you create a weekly Meal Plan? Simply put, cooking weekly family dinners can be monotonous and stressful if you don’t plan ahead. I was a self-proclaimed former victim of this many moons ago.
If you have a busy schedule, as most moms do, meal planning can be an afterthought. But I can tell you from experience, going grocery shopping, knowing what you will make ahead of time, relieves a significant amount of stress, helps you save some money and makes you feel good too.
Check out some more reasons why creating a meal plan makes you a Rock Star in the kitchen:
1. You can thaw out meat ahead of time or if you like to buy your meat daily, you’ll already know what to get.
2. You can brine or marinate your meat ahead of time or prep any veggies.
3. You can focus on other things without having to rush around at the last minute throwing something together.
4. Increases your meal’s “WOW” factor and that makes for a happy family.
5. Saves you $$$$ by preventing you from getting OVERSHOPPING-ITIS: that disorder that happens when you don’t know what to shop for so you get EVERYTHING!
6. Since you already have all of the ingredients, you don’t have to run out to the store at the last minute for any missing items.
7. You can make dinner early if you have to schedule meals around extra-curriculars like ballet class or varsity basketball games.
8. You have the time to choose healthier food items for your family’s meals.
9. Kids love knowing what’s for dinner ahead of time. You can post it on the fridge early in the week.
10. If you have picky eaters, meal planning makes it easier to plan their meals and makes dinner time fun and something to look forward to.
I thought it’d be a good idea to share what I will be making this week for my family, and hopefully give you some ideas and spur some inspiration for your weekly family meals.
Meal Planning 101
This week I decided to get a little creative and break up the days in theme-related meals. We love a variety of meals and like to change it up a lot during the week. I made my list of recipes for the week, went grocery shopping on Sunday and did any prepping needed for Monday’s meal. See how simple? We’ll definitely see how this week goes.
You can always check out My Weekly Meal Plan page to see what I’m cookin’ up that week 🙂
(Not sure how to meal plan? Check out Meal Planning 101 for everything you need to know about meal planning.
How do you approach meal planning for the week?
This meal plan is college-kid√ certified and hubby-approved√!
Hey!Did you enjoy this post? Leave a comment below and share your meal planning photo on Instagram and hashtag it #feelgoodfoodblog. I showed you mine, now it’s your turn.
A million thanks for visiting the Feel Good Food Blog! To stay up-to-date on what’s coming out of my kitchen, where I’m going, where I’m eating out, make sure you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Tumblr. Or subscribe via email to get new recipes as soon as they come out!